RICHARD L. MARTINDELL
1434 Marshall Road #4
Alpine, CA 91901
SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Management of complex operation and multi-million dollar budgets involved in specialized programs. Facilitate and coordinate multinational efforts and represent high-level management on the national and international level. Master of Business Administration Degree.
- Skilled in facilities and asset management, scheduling, administering large contracts, strategic planning. Lead by example with fair, diplomatic, hands-on management style.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
Management… Safety/Investigations…Coordinating and Organizing…Program Development/Management…Decision Making…Task Analysis and Research…Public Presentations…Conflict Resolution
King Schools, San Diego, California September 2006 to Present
Vice President of Course Development supervising four flight instructors and a video studio to produce pilot training courses from recreational to airline transport pilot ratings as well as courses to assist professional pilots in maintaining required recurring training qualifications. Directed the development of online training courses for the exclusive use at Cessna Pilot Centers across the country.
The Jewel Foundation, San Diego, California September 2002 to 2015
Property Manager for 24 unit apartment complex responsible for on-site operations including leasing apartments collecting rent, responding to tenants and coordinating maintenance contractors.
Link Simulation and Training, L-3 Communications Phoenix, Arizona
September 1996 – September 2002
Test Director for quality assurance group. Lead group of six engineers and documentation specialists to develop, write, and conduct testing of flight simulation software and hardware developed to support Air Force flight simulator training in the F-15 at several locations world-wide. Develop and write test plans and test reports for annual upgrades for two flight systems.
Navajo County Government, Holbrook, Arizona September 1995 – May 1996
Risk Manager/Personnel Analyst. Conduct facility and task safety inspections for OSHA compliance; investigate accidents on county roads and all accidents involving county personnel. Respond to claims against the county. Manage $250,000 self insurance fund. Provide and/or coordinate safety and other required training. Coordinate drug and alcohol testing program for commercial drivers. Re-wrote county safety policy, created claim tracking and property management databases. Assist managers in hiring and personnel management. Work with FLSA, FMLA and ADA.
Hamilton Aviation, Tucson, Arizona September 1994 – June 1995
Director of Material. Supervised Purchasing, Warehouse, and Shipping & Receiving functions with staff of 16. Weekly purchases in excess of $50,000 with a 7,000 line item working inventory. Initiated transition from manual to computer tracked inventory. Established company modified work program to reduce Workers’ Compensation insurance rates. Negotiated Contract Security Agreement.
Boy Scouts of America, Seattle, Washington 1993 – July 1994
Exploring Executive. Raised funds to support co-ed high school program encompassing vocational and avocational choices. Recruited and trained adult volunteers. Gained increased membership and community contributions in an adverse financial environment.
Allied Industrial Supply, Everett, Washington 1991-1993
Branch Manager of a company selling to the construction industry and hydraulic trades. Doubled monthly gross sales in one year.
McChord Air Force Base, Tacoma, Washington 1990-1991
Director of Safety. Successfully managed safety programs and investigations within a five state, six air base area. Supervised base safety managers, reviewed safety plans, conducted on-site inspections and monitored compliance with safety regulations.
Decimomannu Air Base, Sardinia, Italy 1988-1990
Director of Operations. Directed a $19 million U.S. operated NATO flight training facility
- Established excellent relations and communications with Italy and nine other nations. Coordinated flight training scheduling for 600 NATO pilots’
- Managed sophisticated computerized aircraft tracking system and supervised team of 24 military and civilian personnel. Earned trust of the Italian host base and doubled the number of flights allowed.
Bitburg Air Base, Bitburg, Germany 1986-1988
Chief of Safety/Chief of Aircraft Maintenance Quality Assurance at an air base with 72 planes and 12,000 personnel.
- Directed safety program including problem identifying and solving. Conducted inspections, analyzed data and wrote directives. Supervised 30 inspectors who monitored the work of 1,800 aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Safety compliance areas included base hospital, maintenance, supply, transportation, traffic, police, and fire department. Program received superior ratings.
Ramstein Air Base, Ramstein, Germany 1983-1986
Air Operations Staff Officer. Managed safety programs for fleets of three aircraft types. Coordinated investigation boards for major aircraft accidents and assisted in conducting investigation. Supervised 15 major accident investigations.
Embry-Riddle Air University, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona 1981-1982
Instructor. Taught graduate and undergraduate classes in aircraft accident investigation and flight safety program management. Developed lesson plans and syllabus.
- City of San Diego Airports Advisory Committee safety expert by appointment of the Mayor of San Diego.
- FAA Safety Lead Safety Representative providing monthly educational seminars and programs for general aviation pilots.
- Full member International Society of Air Safety Investigators (ISASI); Order of Daedalians fraternity of military pilots, Women in Aviation International (WAI), Red River Valley Fighter Pilots’ Association, Red Star Pilots’ Association, Palomar Airport Association, President San Diego Aviation Safety Counselors 2007 to present.
- 2006 San Diego Aviation Safety Counselor of the Year, 2009 Western Region FAA Safety Representative of the Year, 2011 Western Region FAA Safety Representative of the Year.
- San Diego Air and Space Museum volunteer ground school instructor.
- Directed air base open house and air show for 200,000 visitors
- Contributing Editor, Airscoop, a flight safety publication for military pilots
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Golden GateUniversity, San Francisco, CA
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Certificates: Senior Leadership, AirWarCollege;
Master of Business Administration Degree in Management
B.S. in Business Administration in Transportation and Public Utilities
Military Management, Air Command and StaffCollege
Safety Program Management, University of Southern California;
Airline Transport Rated Pilot
Instrument Flight Instructor